That Time of the Year Again!
Next Wednesday 7th September around 6pm (BST), Tim Cook is expected to take to the stage in San Francisco and reveal the iPhone 7 and 7 plus. After months of rumors and speculation it is still unclear what to expect of the next generation of the best selling handset. As I covered back in July the front runners are:
- Possible removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack.
- A dual lens camera on the plus model.
- A Pro model to join the standard and plus versions.
- Lightening to 3.5mm jack to compensate for the missing headphone port.
- A new colour to the range.
- Removal of the antenna bands at the rear of the handset.
The biggest question though is, how many really new features will be on this version. Next year sees the 10th anniversary of the iPhone and those in the know are expecting somewhat of a more groundbreaking handset release then. So where does that leave the upcoming 7?
With only a few days to go, we will find out soon enough, but this one could be a tough sell for Apple if the buying public expect bigger and better in 2017!
Those waiting for the next Apple Watch should be in luck, with the Watch 2, expected to be announced at the same event.