IFA, the biggest consumer electronics show in Europe has opened it’s doors for 2016. The event in Berlin, which has been running in it’s current format since 2005, is a platform for the tech world to demonstrate and show off their new and future products. During the week I will bring you updates on new product announcements from the event.
DJI OSMO Mobile
DJI are probably best known for their range of drones, but a little over a year ago they released the OSMO. A handheld camera set to improve your video making by utilising advanced technology, designed to keep the camera flat regardless of the amount of movement or shaking. Now, DJI have released the OSMO Mobile.
The OSMO Mobile is a software enabled stabilization system that allows you to make much smoother videos using your smartphone. I have said before the future of most tech is to utilise the computing power of the smartphone that most already own, and the OSMO mobile certainly does this.
Some of the features include:
- ActiveTrack technology built into the DJI GO app allows the Osmo Mobile to automatically keep your smartphone facing you as you move.
- 3-axis gimbal system smooths out the movements you make, turning every shot into cinematic video.
- Motion timelapse feature shoots video showing the passing of time.
- Share special moments in real time using YouTube Live inside the DJI GO app.
- Better photos in low light, with powerful camera stabilization and full manual camera control.
- Panorama function automatically captures and blends 9 separate photos together.
- Used with its range of accessories, the Osmo Mobile can be mounted almost anywhere, giving you even more opportunities to get that perfect shot.
- Open for developers to customize.
The OSMO Mobile is now on sale at the DJI store starting at £289 with free shipping.