If you are unfamiliar with Wolffepack and their products, they are a UK company founded by David Wolffe who invented the world’s only backpack that swings your stuff to the front but stays strapped to your back.
Better access. More comfort. Greater security.
Wolffepack have already ran a very succesful Kickstarter campaign for their Capture, which is aimed at photographers and now they are back on Kickstarter with their latest “orbital” creation just in time for the winter sports season!
Having covered commuters and photographers the team are now focusing on skiers/snowboards.
The Summit has been carefully designed to capture all the needs of someone out on the slopes all day. Looking at previous reviews and feedback on the earlier models, some people could already see the benefit of using the unique Wolffepack design for this purpose.
There are 3 Dyneema cords that hold and allow the pack to be released and swung around to your front. The cords can hold around 300kg of weight which is more than most of us could carry! Dyneema is reported to be about 15 times stronger than steel.
Each pouch or section serves a purpose and has been designed with great thought. The goggle pocket for example has a microfibre lining to protect the lenses. A wider waist belt has been added to allow for better stability during use.
The waterproof zips are as expected but the Summit can even holster your skis!
The full list of specifications are:
- Capacity: 16 litres approx
- Bag weight empty: 1kg approx
- Bag dimensions: height 44cms, width 26cms, depth 14cms
- Exterior textiles: high grade water-resistant 420D Nylon and 450D Diamond Polyester with PUx2 coating, gunmetal zipper pulls and G hooks
- Hydration bladder pocket/security pocket: Zippered pocket contained in back harness for up to 2L hydration bladder, doubles as hidden security pocket (bladder is not provided)
- Back protection: A laminated composite construction of alternating layers of aircell foam and tough polymers provides back protection that combines hard shell resistance with soft-layer impact absorption.
- Unique Wolffepack access system: This allows access to the pack with only one hand, without having to remove chest, waist and shoulder straps, or gloves and poles.
- Chest attachment: Gunmetal G-Hooks for easy front wear – ideal for chairlifts.
- Goggle pocket: Front fleece-lined easy access pocket for glasses and goggles
- Avalanche kit: Internal pocket sized for snow shovel and probe
- External side pockets: 2 stretch side pockets for drinks, small items etc.
- Waterproof zips: Fully PU coated zipper tapes
- Chest strap with SOS whistle: Fully adjustable, removable chest strap, complete with SOS whistle.
- Waist belt: Wide waist belt for comfort and load stability.
- Main compartment: Spacious main compartment with laptop sleeve and zippered cargo net.
- Extra features: Extra wide top handle and performance zipper pulls for easy grab with gloves, reflector strips, webbing loop for helmet/ski pole attachment, compression straps, strap tidies.
- Colour: Black with white detailing.
Since being launched in 2014 the Wolffepack design has won many awards, so investing in the Summit comes with some solid credentials!
If you are interested then the Kickstarter campaign is now live and (at time of writing) you can back this for £109 which will save you £41 from the RRP of £150 which is what it is expected to go on sale for.
If you want to learn more you can also check out their YouTube Channel where you can see all 3 backpacks in use.