Have no doubts, there are still companies out there who make and sell sub standard goods for a quick buck, but every now and then you find one that has put more thought and detail into their product than you could ever imagine!
Step forward Floatti.
Floatti Carry On & Check In Luggage
The Floatti case has more features and gadgets than I could ever have hoped for in a piece of luggage! With the exception of motors on each wheel to power it along behind me and staying in range of my phone via Bluetooth (you can have that one Floatti), it has the lot!
So what are the features that set it apart from the rest?
Firstly, my favorite, built in scales. With airlines these days becoming stricter, on both carry on & checked in weights, most of us have fallen foul of this at one time or another. With the Floatti you collapse the telescopic handle back down into the normal flush position and lift up the case with the top mounted strap handle. The weight then shows on a hidden display on the handle housing.
Next is Floatti’s big party trick, the Smart Handle. With sensors on the edge of the main handle you can:
- Receive notifications
- Pick up calls
- Dial contacts**
- Play, change music tracks
- Control your camera shutter
- Compose and send voice-to-text messages and Facebook messages**
- Launch map apps**
- Set off an SOS alarm or help message with your location**
**Only on Android at present.
Using the downloadable app on your smartphone you can customise the commands to certain gestures. The idea is you leave your phone in your pocket and focus on where you are going without missing that all important call.
It will be interesting to see if this feature will still work and be as responsive after a period of time travelling, with the knocks and bumps luggage can take.
Note also in the picture above, the stylishly crafted hooks on the end of each handle. Somewhere to hang a jacket or handbag! Every inch of these cases really have been thought through.
There is also a removable battery pack for charging your mobile devices. You can upgrade the standard 12,000 mAh pack for $50, which then gives you a 24,000 mAh charger able to power your laptop as well!
The front pouch also conceals a detachable electronics compartment that will help you speed through the security line.
Personally, I think every bag going through airport security should have something like this included!
The features go on…
- The wheels have suspension that are engineered to work for both pushing and pulling actions.
- A strap and lock system to fasten your handbag or rucksack securely to the top of the case when wheeling it.
- Bluetooth Trackers & app, so you know where your luggage and personal items are and never left behind!
- Velcro packing system inside to secure items and keep things separate.
- 6 different colour combinations
All this in one case! My first thought was with all these features there would be no space and it would weigh a tonne!
I compared it to my current carry on and got a huge surprise. Although the capacity is 2l less than my normal case, the Floatti is 100g lighter!
You can pick up both cases from the Floatti Indiegogo page where:
- Carry on Model is $320 plus extras + shipping
- Check In Model is $360 plus extras + shipping
The Floatti tagline is, Luggage. Evolved. Based on the preview, I have to agree!