All of us were expecting it, many thought it had been cancelled, and some may even have gone ahead and made a recent lockdown purchase just as Apple is set to launch its first new devices of 2021, at its now confirmed Spring Loaded event.
Apple Spring 2021 Event
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Leaving the announcement to a little later than normal, possibly due to this being an all-digital/virtual affair, Apple has now confirmed the date & time for its first launch of 2021.
The event has been named “Spring Loaded” probably due to the time of year and Apple will be live-streaming it on Tuesday, April 20th 2021. The event will be broadcast from Apple Park, California. Anyone can watch the event which will begin at 10 am PDT or…
- 1 pm ET (NYC)
- 6 pm BST (Dublin, London)
- 7 pm CET (Berlin, Milan, Paris)
- 9 pm GST (Dubai)
What to Expect
I always like to avoid writing about the rumours and product leaks and instead focus on what we will probably see at any new product launch such as Spring Loaded! Yes, there’ll be an iPhone 13 and Watch 7 in 2021 but the Spring event is often iPad-centric and I certainly wouldn’t encourage anyone to rush out and buy a new Apple tablet before the 20th.
I’m hopeful for a new iPad Pro lineup and probably a new Mini too in the travel tech space, there may even be a brand new tracking device. Apple recently opened up it’s Find My app to third parties such as Chipolo, expanding its personal tracking capabilities for personal belongings and gadgets.
- RiutBag R15.4 is the New Generation of Secure Backpack Travel
- Are Bowers & Wilkins PI7 the Travel-Friendly Earbuds We Need?
- New TUMI Alpha Bravo 2-in-1 Backpacks are Green in More Ways than One
- CES returns to Las Vegas as a Hybrid Event for 2022
- Review: Edifier TWS1 Pro Earbuds Deliver 42 Hrs Of Music For Under $50